Model Counting Competition 2022
The competition is co-located with the competitions at FLoC 2022 in Haifa, Israel and part of SAT 2022.
Send us an email and stay tuned.
Tracks / Challenges
- Model Counting (mc)
- Weighted Model Counting (wmc)
- Projected Model Counting (pmc)
- Projected Weighted Model Counting (pwmc)
Call for Benchmarks
Model Counting Competition invites extended submissions of collections of counting instances in the
an DIMACS-like submission format as used in the 2021 competition.
- A. Exact (arbitrary precision)
- B. Exact (small precision loss)
- C. Approximate (provide approximation guarantee)
- D. Heuristic (experimental)
- Runtime: 3600s
- Memory: 32GB
- TempDisk Space: available for input transformation and preprocessing
- Precision (in relative error A,B,D):
- Ranking A: 0.0 (any wrong solution results in disqualification)
- Ranking B: 0.001 (more than 20 solutions outside margin results in disqualification)
- Ranking C: $\alpha=0.8$ (more than 20 solutions outside margin results in disqualification)
- Ranking D: 20% (correct answer: 1 point, otherwise: 0 points)
We precompute instances and discard those that can be solved by
standard solvers within less than 10s and keep at most 40 instances
that cannot be solved by common existing solver.
Soon (see timeline below)
Register an Account with StarExec.
We will give you access and you will be able to upload your solver there.
We refer to a comprehensive
document on the description of the competition format from 2021.
Important Dates (preliminary)
- December 15, 2021: Call for Benchmarks
- December 20, 2021: 1st Call for Participation
- February 15, 2022: Deadline for Benchmark Submission (submit asap)
Please use the Google Form
April 27, 2022 May 14, 2022: Testing Benchmarks / Public Instances Released</b>
April 30, 2022 May 22, 2022: Intent to Participate: Please use the Google Form
May 12, 2022 May 22, 2022: Submission Deadline
- June 30, 2022: Participants are notified about their public results
- Jul 7, 2022 (estimated): Participants are notified about their private results
- Jul 14, 2022: Comments Deadline by Participants
- Aug 4, 2022: FLoC Presentation of the Results
- Aug 11, 2022: Workshop on Counting and Sampling (PostFLoC Workshop)
- Markus Hecher (TU Wien, Vienna)
- Johannes K. Fichte (TU Wien, Vienna)
- Mario Alviano (University of Calabria). Mario has co-organized various ASP competitions.
Technical and Reproducibility Advisor
We are happy that the director of StarExec (Aaron Stump, Iowa)
accepted to host the model counting competition. The main part of the competition will
run on StarExec. We evaluate the solvers in parallel also on
the Taurus Cluster in Dresden.